How To Build A Solid Bespoke Lifestyle Business For Doing The Significant, Soul-Satisfying Work You Love – Without Burning Yourself Out or Putting Your Relationships At Risk
After launching, most businesses end up in survival mode with the founders working alone. There’s no team to help with making sales, delivering the service or day-to-day operations. The owner is left with little spare time, money or freedom. They swing between stress and boredom, often feeling lost and unable to see a way to break the cycle. In the UK, USA and Australia, 75% of all businesses do not reach a point where they can employ anyone. – Daniel Priestley
The top three reasons why you’re stuck in survival mode
The number one reason why you’re stuck is the belief that just being an extraordinary coach, trainer, therapist, or whatever it is that you do, is all you need to be.
Number two is that the well-intentioned ‘business plan’ you received as part of your professional certification is perfect if you’d like to earn an average wage. It’s not suitable for a soul-satisfying lifestyle business.
Number three is that you’ve either stopped taking your own medicine or, you’ve forgotten that you can’t read the prescription when you’re inside the bottle. People hire you to help them transform. Practise what you preach. Get professional help with your business.
The reality is that to build a soul-satisfying five-, six-, or seven-figure lifestyle business you need to be both an extraordinary practitioner of your craft AND a smart street-wise lifestyle entrepreneur.
Putting it another way, if you are struggling with growing your business, it might be that you’re looking in the wrong place. You’re probably trying to fix your professional skills when actually it’s your entrepreneurial mindset and business model that needs an emergency upgrade.
You can break the cycle…
To build a Soul-Satisfying Lifestyle Business Model you need to acquire and/or sharpen skills like:
- Thinking longterm but focusing on the short term results.
- Building a growth trajectory that suits your lifestyle and goals.
- Picking a niche that truly awakens and inspires your inner healer and entrepreneur.
- Creating a signature service for that niche that is an extension of who you really are. And that will attract the ideal clients that you are meant to serve.
- Embedding your signature service into a soul-satisfying business model that will transform your clients, yourself and your family, without burning yourself out.
- Creating a consistent flow of clients so your business can start generating the revenue you’ve always wanted.
I know doing all the above can seem impossible. You are already juggling your part-time business, full-time day job, spouse, kids and your own wellbeing and sanity. There’s simply not enough space for adding anything else. I also know this is exactly what’s preventing you from truly sharing your healing gifts with the world.
And that breaks my heart. But there is a better way…
How to build your own 5-, 6-, or 7-Figure Soul-Satisfying Lifestyle Business Model
It doesn’t matter if you’re building a five-, six-, or seven-figure business. The foundations are exactly the same.
There are two ways to embed this model in your own business:
- If you prefer figuring stuff out on your own and just need a basic playbook The 5-Step Business Planning Process for Wellness Entrepreneurs might be just what you need. It covers the key steps I use to build bespoke Soul-Satisfying Lifestyle Business Models for clients. You will need to augment the steps with material from The D-I-Y Wellness Entrepreneurship Curriculum, but it’s a totally doable option.
- If you prefer getting help from someone who’s been there and done it before sign up for the Lifestyle Business Planning and Modelling Workshop and I’ll help you build a bespoke Soul-Satisfying Lifestyle Business Model for your business
I’m not here to convince you which option is best. Both are sound investments in your business and both are doable.
This is simply your invitation to take your business to the next level. To start becoming the soul-provider you were meant to be, without putting your relationships and sanity at risk.
“Every human being has a gift of genius and a personal calling encoded within them from birth. It is up to you to find it, to develop it and share this gift with the world. This is your life purpose.” – Oprah Winfrey
I’m simply here, should you need a guide, to guide you on one small part – sharing your gift with the world in an authentic heart-centred way.