If you have found a way to turn the world into a better place, and it comes from the heart, and you have the expertise, I believe you really have to spread the gift. – Mariette Snyman
Podcast guesting is word-of-mouth marketing on steroids says Mariette Snyman, a seasoned journalist and host of the Calm, Clear & Helpful podcast. In this episode of The Badass Wellness Coach Show, she shares a proven 5-step process to be an exceptional podcast guest so you can boost your visibility and credibility. And get more clients. Almost overnight.
Packed with from-the-trenches wisdom, checklists, anecdotes, and actionable advice this is an episode any podcast guest – new and experienced – should listen to. And bookmark for future reference.
Bottom line: this is the information I wish I had before my first podcast questing appearance. – Di-Di Hoffman
Watch the episode trailer
🎧 Listen to the episode
Thank you so much for listening to The Badass Wellness Coach Show. Please rate us everywhere you listen to podcasts, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts. No need to leave a review, just tap the five-star rating. It’s super easy and it really helps me a ton!
Highlights of this episode:
Never compromise a dream. Always compromise on how it will come true. – Mike Dooley
- Mariette’s take on the above quote. [3;30]
- How being a podcast guest can serve you. [6:00]
- Practical ways to use podcast guesting in your coaching practice [12:30]
- How to land the best podcast guesting appearances. [17:30]
- Before the recording. [19:00]
- Get a feel for your host and their podcast series – this enables a two-way conversation. [20:00]
- Questions to ask your host about the episode: this checklist should cover it. [24:00]
- Prepare your notes – tips for ensuring that your expertise and passion clearly come across. [26:15]
- Ensure a positive mindset – 3 ways to calm your nerves and focus on what really matters. [29:15]
- On D-Day. [35:00]
- Prepare your recording space: another checklist. [35:30]
- While you’re talking: a simple guideline. [39:15]
- Once the episode is live. [41:00]
- How to give your interview the best chance to have an impact. [41:30]
- How to 10X the impact of your appearance: another checklist. [44.30]
- Mariette’s ideal podcast guest. [49:00]
Watch this episode:
Looking for fast-acting ways to feel better? The techniques in this free download may be unusual, but they really work.
Twenty years as an editorial staff member of one of South Africa’s best-selling women’s magazines convinced Mariette of a specific need: a platform where individuals requiring therapy, coaching or other forms of assistance could be exposed to experts providing that help. Matching potential patients/clients with a professional that resonates with them is crucial, yet there are few opportunities to do so.
After being retrenched in 2020, Mariette created a website and podcast series aimed at familiarising readers and listeners with participating experts, what they do, and – more importantly – how, and why, they do what they do.
The ever-expanding collection of free articles and podcasts focuses on *emotional health *love & intimacy *parenting and *specific life challenges, sponsored by the experts featured by Mariette. Apart from fact-based articles, there are personal profiles offering a glimpse of the person behind the professional. Podcast episodes illuminate relevant issues and solutions while conveying a sense of the essence of each guest.
The fact that online therapy and coaching have become commonplace during the pandemic means that readers and listeners can connect with their expert of choice even when they’re oceans apart.
Several of Mariette’s life experiences have shaped her for her role as a website owner who also freelances for magazines:
- 3 years as a secondary school teacher
- 14 months living and studying in Germany
- a year working at a university library
- 11 years as a stay-at-home mom
- 2 years of hosting a playgroup for preschool children
- 5 years of writing short stories and articles for women’s magazines part-time
- 20 years as a full-time journalist at “rooi rose” magazine, which included compiling and hosting a weekly podcast series on emotional well-being.
If you’re curious about how a spider in her hair led to Mariette’s creating her platform “Calm, Clear & Helpful”, you’ll find the story here: https://www.mariettesnyman.co.za/spider-story